THE RESURGENCE WAGE SUBSIDY SCHEME
The Government has announced details of a new wage subsidy scheme designed to help businesses to retain staff during the current resurgence of COVID-19.
The Resurgence Wage Subsidy scheme is open to employers throughout New Zealand, recognising that other businesses may also be impacted by the Level 3 restrictions currently in place in Auckland.
The criteria is very similar to the previous wage subsidy schemes:
- Businesses must have, or predict to have, a drop in revenue of at least 40% for a consecutive period of at least 14 days, between 12 August and 10 September, compared with the same period last year.
- The decline in revenue must be related to COVID-19.
- You must take active steps to mitigate the financial impact of COVID-19
- Retain the employees named in your application for the period of the Resurgence Wage Subsidy
- Wherever possible pay employees at least 80% of their usual wages – if this is not possible then at least the full subsidy needs to be passed onto the employee.
- You cannot receive more than one COVID-19 payment for the same employee at the same time.
Details of the subsidy:
- The subsidy is for two weeks from the day that you submit your application
- Paid at the same rates as previous wage subsidies - $585.80 (full time rate) and $350 (part time rate)
- Applications open on Friday 21 August and remain open until 3 September
- All payments are subject to audits and reviews
If you have any queries in relation to this latest wage subsidy or would like to talk to someone about whether your business qualifies please call our team on 06 876 8124.